Fellowship First Baptist Church started as a mission under the direction of the First Baptist Church of Affton, in the summer of 1948. The mission pastor was Bro. George F. Kemper. The first meetings were held in the basement of the High Ridge Elementary School and then later moved to the old Bowles Schoolhouse on Old Sugar Creek Road near Murphy, Missouri.
On February 3, 1949 it was voted to organize into a church and to affiliate with the Jefferson County Baptist Association. The mission was organized into Fellowship Baptist Church of the Southern Baptist Convention on May 15, 1949 with 32 charter members. Brother Kemper continued to serve as pastor until November of 1949. Reverend Ralph Tomek served from November 1949 through December 1950. In April of 1950 the church conducted its first revival and in the summer of 1950 it’s first Vacation Bible School.
One of the church’s highlights of 1950 was the groundbreaking ceremony for its new building in High Ridge, in June of 1950. The building was occupied on December 17 of the same year. Reverend Paul E. Powell was called as pastor in December of 1950. In May of 1951 the church ordained James Russell and Robert Taylor as its first deacons. Reverend Powell resigned in May 1955 to enter seminary and was replaced by Reverend Hershel Thornell who was called in June 1955. In March of 1960, Reverend John Sulliven was called as pastor. In 1966, the name of the church was changed to Fellowship First Baptist Church. The church was saddened when on March 10, 1967 Brother John Sulliven passed away after the serving the church as pastor for 7 years.
On May of 1967 the church called Reverend A. A. Lyle as pastor. In 1968, during Brother Lyle’s pastorate, 92 baptism were reported. In March of 1971 Brother Lyle left and in August of 1971 Reverend Paul E. Powell was again called as pastor. In 1983 Dr. Robert Curtis was called to be pastor and served until 1989. Brother Brad Bean was called in 1990 and served until September of 2005.
In January of 2006 Brother Chris Lybarger joined the church and a new chapter of the Fellowship First Baptist Church history was begun.