What is AWANA?
Awana is an international, nondenominational, Bible-centered youth organization in providing weekday clubs and programs for 3 year olds through 6th grade. The acronym Awana comes from the first letters of the phrase “Approved workmen are not ashamed” (II Timothy 2:15).
Awana exists to reach children and youth with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him. The priorities of Awana also include reaching parents and other family members with the gospel and training adults to minister to youth.
What makes Awana unique?
Message – The heart of Awana is the gospel message – that Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose again. Everyone is a sinner and deserves eternal punishment. Jesus Christ, God’s Son, paid the penalty for our sin when he was crucified on the cross and rose from the dead. If we trust Jesus Christ as our Savior, we receive God’s gift of eternal life in heaven. Once we trust Jesus Christ as our Savior, we can never lose our salvation.
When is Awana?
Awana meets weekly every Wednesday night at 6:00 pm. Each club meeting is a 1 ½ hour program comprising five segments:
- Opening Ceremony – Five-minute segment which gives a disciplined, structured start to the club meeting.
- Game Time – Games on the Awana Games Square.
- Handbook Time – Segment where clubbers meet with individual leaders to pass achievements in entrance booklets and handbooks.
- Council Time – Segment where entire club meets together for announcements, award presentations, singing, a Bible message and an invitation to trust Christ.
- Closing Time – Five-minute segment including team awards and prayer.
Awana believes that memorizing and understanding the Bible is vital. Studying and memorizing God’s Word are keys to winning the battle against sin.
Game Time – Each night of club includes an exciting Game Time that attracts clubbers and keeps them coming back.
Awana offers a two-level award system that motivates clubbers and leaders to achieve.
- Individual awards are earned through handbook achievements.
- Weekly team awards are earned by team members through accomplishments in handbooks and Game time and by proper behavior throughout the club meeting.
For more information about our Awana program please contact the church office.
Join our Facebook group page for news and updates!
Register for Awana starting September 6, below!